7 August 2013 by Joycelyn Loh CM –
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. ” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)
Love is not only meant for romantic love only, but as well as kinship as well etc. Because of love, all things are possible. Because of love, one will learn to appreciate things in their own life.
What is Love to you? ‘Because of love’ photography contest is where you tell us what love is to you.
Rules and regulations:
By entering this photography contest, you agree that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and also any applicable Specific Terms.
– Each photo must be submitted together with ONE bible verse (in bilingual) AND a short paragraph to explain the meaning behind the photo taken in relation to the theme ‘Because of Love’ per entry.
– All entries must include personal details as followed: Full Name, Contact No., Gender, Email Address, and Postal Address. Any incomplete details will be disqualified automatically.
– Please send all photos and the complete details mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
– Registration starts from 2nd August 2013 till 22nd August 2013.
– This photography contest is only opened for Malaysians and non-Muslims.
– All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
– We can only accept digital photo submissions. No printed photos will be accepted. Photos must be submitted electronically as a high resolution image, of up to 2200 pixels at 72 dpi. The maximum file size is 2MB. All photos must be in .jpg format. Photos can be in color or black and white, and must be appropriate for printing as a 16 x 20 inch print, as winning photos will be printed and featured in galleries at ‘The Branches’ sponsored events.
– Christianity Malaysia reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
– You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, including ownership if applicable. You only grant Christianity Malaysia and The Branches rights (as described below) to your photograph(s) if you are honored by the competition as an honorable mention, finalist, runner up or grand prize winner. Before you are formally honored by the competition, Christianity Malaysia and/or The Branches will contact you to confirm that you wish to grant us rights to your photograph as described below.
– If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as an honorable mention, finalist, runner up or grand prize winner, you grant Christianity Malaysia and The Branches a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
· Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
· Use the photograph in Christianity Malaysia and The Branches in commercial and non-commercial communications.
· Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, TNC-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
· Use in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
· Keep the files provided, and to archive the images in CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
– As conditions of this permission, Christianity Malaysia and The Branches shall credit all photographs with the caption ‘by Person's Name’ when the full name is available.
– We reserve the right to reject any entries that are inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient.
– We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, and defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful to the goodwill and reputation of our station that is running this photography contest.
– Entrants must not submit images that involve human nudity, the willful harassment of wildlife, damage to the environment by the photographer, put any individual or animal in danger, or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
– We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to texts, calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason. Proof of posting of any postal entry will not be proof of our receipt of that entry.
– Christianity Malaysia and The Branches reserve the right to reject any submitted photo. Photographs featuring any inappropriate material will be rejected. Please note that we take a particularly hard lined approach to photographs that include children. Even if the custom in a region may be to have children wearing limited clothing, photographs of that nature will be rejected immediately and without exception. Photographers may crop inappropriate images out of otherwise acceptable photographs. Christianity Malaysia and The Branches also reserve the right to reject photos that clearly do not reflect the theme of the competition.
– Top 12 winner's image with most voting in Christianity Malaysia (Chinese) Facebook page will be featured throughout the 2014 calendar by The Branches.
– Top 6 photos with the most voting on Christianity Malaysia (Chinese) Facebook winner will receive gift worth RM200.
– 7th to 12th photos with most voting on Christianity Malaysia (Chinese) Facebook winner will receive gift worth RM150.
– All top 12 photos with most voting on Christianity Malaysia (Chinese) Facebook winner will receive a piece of Christart Tee.
– A prize-giving ceremony and top 12 photo exhibition will be held at The Branches on the 16th September 2013.
This photography contest co-organized by Christianity Malaysia and The Branches, sponsored by Christart.
For more information, please email to email@example.com or feel free to contact The Branches.
Dear Viewers in Christ, if you find this article edifying to you, please share with your friends or loved ones by using the social media plugs (Share, Email to this article). The Lord will surely bless you as you bless others. May the Lord’s peace and love be with you.
References for pictures: