- We affirm our belief in the one-eternal God – Creator and Lord of the world; Father, Son and Holy Spirit – who governs all things according to the purpose of His will.
- We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written Word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We affirm that human beings, though created in the image of God, are sinful and guilty, and lost without Jesus Christ, who offers the forgiveness of sins and the liberating gifts of the Spirit to all who repent and believe.
- We confess Jesus Christ as the eternal Son of God who became fully human while remaining fully divine; who was our substitute on the cross, exchanging his righteousness for our unrighteousness, bearing our sins and dying our death; who rose victorious in a transformed body; and who will return personally and visibly, in power and glory, to consummate his salvation and his judgment.
- We believe salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. In its broadest sense, salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification.
- We believe that the Church is the community of God's people rather than an institution, is at the very centre of God's cosmic purpose, and is His appointed means of spreading the gospel – His good news for the whole world.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, whose work includes the conviction of sin, faith in Christ, new birth and Christian growth. Through him, God's people are baptized into the Body of Christ and enlightened and empowered in worship, evangelism, and service.
- We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will raise the dead and that Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment. The righteous, in their resurrected and glorified bodies, will receive their reward and will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.
Comments are closed.