8 Jan 2015-
1. To provide a mentoring platform for young Christian men
2. Deal with issues they are facing in their jobs and businesses
3. To help them live out their Christian faith in the marketplace
4. To be the salt and light in the world
1. Kick-off meeting – 7pm, Sunday 18 Jan 2015 at D’Fong Restaurant (previously Summer Palace opposite Tropicana City Mall)
*Dinner will be sponsored | Dresscode: Smart Casual
2. From Jan till July – 6 meetings at times of their own choosing (meeting follows a syllabus on mentoring)
3. Closing meeting – Sunday 17 Aug 2015
1. Up to six M² groups with one mentor and between three and five mentees each
2. Each group will meet once a month for three hours over six months
3. The meeting will be chaired by one of the mentees in rotation
4. Mentor is to guide the discussion and give his input and counsel Mentors will select you based on your application response.
LOCATION OF MENTORING
To be decided during the launch dinner
1. Managing and leading self
2. Managing and leading others
3. Managing and leading groups and organizations
4. Temptations; sex money and power
5. AMA – Ask Me Anything
1. Each Group will produce a write up on their experience; their take-away from the process and proposal going forward
2. These write-ups will be compiled into a booklet
3. At the closing meeting, the group will decide what M² will do next
All application need to be submitted latest by 12 Jan 2014. More details to be provided once all mentees have been selected.
A SNEAK PEAK ON THE MENTORS
Tootpay Sdn Bhd
Henry is the founding partner and COO of Tootpay the largest and most secure Mobile Payment Services provider in South East Asia. Henry has been in the IT industry for the last 32 years starting with IBM in 1982 initially with IBM Services including stints with IBM Global Services, Data Centre and Treasury.
In the midst 90’s he was involved in a number large scale IT initiatives in Malaysia including Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). He was the project manager for some of the major components of KLIA.
Henry was also a key member of the management team of Cap Gemini Ernst & Young as well as with NEC. His main role for both organisations was industry sales covering the SEA region.
Before getting involved in the Mobile Payment industry, he was with Hong Leong Bank driving electronic channel services, in particular Internet Banking.
He and his wife, Joanne, worship at Grace, Petaling Jaya.
NW Solutions (M) Sdn Bhd
Rick Loh has more than 25 years of industry experience in the Information
Technology and Communications sector. He has held various roles from Systems
Engineering, Analyst, Consulting, Solution Architect, Business Process Engineering,
Project Management, Sales and Business Management. Rick’s expertise is in enterprise resource planning, supply chain management and execution, enterprise asset management, customer relationship management, enterprise performance management and enterprise social network.
NW Solutions provide business solutions as mentioned above, and some of her
customers are large local corporates in Malaysia. Rick currently is responsible for NW Solutions business strategies and implementation, with the aim of improving her customers’ competitive edge.
NW’s company mission statement – “to honor God in all we do” is a reflection of his belief and dependence on God.
Rick is also an active member of the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship, besides serving as a leader in the Grace Workplace Ministry. He and his family worship at Grace Assembly, Petaling Jaya.
Lai Tak Ming
Group HR and Admin Public Listed Infrastructure and Property Group
Lai Tak Ming graduated with Distinction from The University of Hull, United Kingdom with a Masters in Business Administration (Human Resource Development). He has a first degree in Science with Education (Hons) from the University of Malaya. He is currently Director, Group HR & Admin and is responsible for the overall Group’s strategic Human Resources direction to help develop Human Capital sustainability, a culture of leadership excellence and talent engagement to become an employer of choice. The firm is now arguably the largest civil engineering, infra-structure group in the country.
Prior to this, Tak Ming was COO of a pan-Asian HR Consultancy that that focused on talent performance sustainability, change and employee engagement, working with large MNCs across Asia. He is also a Certified Master Performance Coach. An all-round HR generalist and a well-regarded trainer, coach and speaker, he has more than 20 years HR practitioner’s experience.
He is also a well-regarded speaker, trainer and learning facilitator across the region. He is a Certified Master Performance Coach conferred via the Open University Malaysia.
At a personal level, Tak Ming was President of the Graduates Christian Fellowship, an involvement that span nearly 30 yrs. He was also president of the Persaudaraan Kristen Varsiti, Universiti Malaysia. He worships at Agape Chapel, Kota Damansara, for which he was part of the founding core team. His current passion is to enable a climate of change for the nation. He was actively involved in the PACABA training process in the last Malaysia General Election.
Programme launch write-up for our 2014 programme: http://christianitymalaysia.com/wp/emerging-leaders-mentoring-programme-m2/
This is a programme anchored by the Full Gospel Businessmen Malaysia Fellowship – http://www.fgb.com.my/
For more info, contact Jason Lee: +6018 394 4391