21 May 2013 by Natasha Kim CM –
It was another bright and sunny day when I visited Acts Central at Subang Jaya. As they usually rotate or change venues, be sure to check out their website to see where they’re having their service for the week before you head over there!
This time their service was held at the AYA Conference Center, Summit Hotel. As the members entered they immediately immersed themselves with praise and worship, and that lit up the atmosphere in the room instantly! The presence of God and Holy Spirit could be felt in the ones who worshipped Him.
This service was a special one as their Senior Pastor, Rev Kenneth Chin finally graced the Church once more after being away for a period of time. He was away to oversee Acts Melbourne, Acts London, and Acts Miri, Sarawak. According to recent news from Kenneth, they plan to open up an Acts Church in Japan very soon and one in Myanmar! They will see how God leads them. “It’s an exciting life to live when you’re living it for Jesus! Thank you for living and being a part of God’s end time harvest” he said.
God’s eyes are everywhere and he has a great plan for everyone, no matter where you are. Though he is a very busy man, because he is doing God’s work he said, “Tiredness can be delayed because there is more important things to do. I’ve kept going and the grace of God is sufficient!”
Learning’s From His Trips Abroad:-
– God can do a lot with very little – “He can plant a Church in one day. If we work on our own, two years might not even be enough” shared Kenneth. You must pay attention to what the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you, if not little or nothing can be achieved and at the end of the day you will be tired. Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength! “In one day I can do 5 meetings that are God appointed instead of doing 10 that are man appointed” he shared. That brings Kenneth ultimate fulfillment.
– God purposes anyone he chooses – You just have to open your eyes and keep your heart sensitive to God’s leading to see who He chooses to speak into your life. It can be any random person.
– Churches are not planted by pastors. They are planted by disciples! –
“At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.4 Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word.” (Acts 8: 1-4)
“Everyone of you can actually plant a Church anywhere, even in your office” he said. The Bible says,
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them” (Matthew 18:20)
Kenneth shared that we can start anytime, anywhere, anyhow. As long as God is with us we can do all things.
The Things That Keep Him Going: –
– Be Prayerful and Be Sensitive – Talk to God all the time and be sensitive as to follow the leading of the Spirit.
“I’ve learnt to have a continuous quiet time. I love that!..I’ve learnt to extend my devotionals” he said. “ 2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; 3meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains” (Colossians 4:2-3)
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)
– Be nice, friendly and people minded – “Always sow into people because you never know who God will use” shared Kenneth.
“2 Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables. 3 Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; 4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” (Acts 6:2-4)
– Be Thankful – Hard times often brings a sense of hopelessness. It might be difficult to pull through to another day unless you learn to be thankful from the time you open your eyes in the morning. “Learn how to give thanks because there is power in thanksgiving. It gets you through the day… It gets you through any problem, anywhere” he said.
“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving” (Colossians 4:2)
Remember that God can do a lot with very little only if you are thankful. Thanksgiving prepares the way to your healing and breakthrough.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name” (Psalms 100:4)
– Be Focused and be faithful – “Stay with the mission, stay healthy and prioritize” he said. There’s a time for everything under heaven.
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7)
– Behave – “Charisma can last you a few years, character will take you to the grave. If you really want to go the distance…you’ve got to learn how to behave and learn to know how to live a Christian life and walk a Christian walk and have character” he shared.
“You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you” (Ezekiel 28:15)
What is really inside of you? How long can you sustain on your own? “Don’t do things that are temporary, do things for the long haul” he said.
“You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.” (1 Thessalonians 2:10)
“You need to understand that character is as much as a sustaining force as water that you need to drink!” he shared as he finally closed in prayer.
Dear Viewers in Christ, if you find this article edifying to you, please share with your friends or loved ones by using the social media plugs (Share, Email to this article). The Lord will surely bless you as you bless others. May the Lord’s peace and love be with you.